Title of Position: Sales Intern / Co- Op Cooperative Educational Opportunity
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Swedesboro, NJ
The Silvi Group Companies have been working on expanding their “A” Team of employees since 1947! Our team has grown to 11 companies employing over 450 employees at 18 locations across New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania. We have developed the Silvi Group Companies by literally building our community, taking on the most complex concrete projects in the region, and becoming a pillar of support for customers throughout our territories.
Our employees contribute directly to our aggressive growth and we enjoy giving back by developing our employees with professional opportunities as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits includes excellent medical (health, Rx, dental, vision), personal time (vacation, sick, holidays) and a great retirement package. Our close knit environment develops a culture in which we work hard but get to know each and every employee that helps us build our future. If you are driven, creative, and want to see your contributions reflected in real time, come work for us!
Position Essential Functions Responsibilities
- Work within the field, typically client construction sites
- On site manager during concrete placements
- Process mix design submissions
- Develop new client base
- 80% field/20% office daily
- Bid projects and track through the sales cycle
- Find projects for bidding
- Work within an assigned physical sales territory
- Navigate through job tracking software
- Processing quotes through customer requests
- Partner with the plant, dispatch, accounting, quality control and other departments
- Enrollment and continuation of a Bachelors’ program preferably in the fields of Mining Engineering, Concrete Science, Concrete Industry Management, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, General Engineering, or Materials Science.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule as per operational need of typically 10-12 hour days and some Saturdays.
In a typical work setting, people in this job:
- Lift 50 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds on occasion.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, bend, stretch, twist or crawl.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
No smoking is permitted on or within company property, including inside trucks, buildings, or anywhere on the premises.