Sirius Staffing is seeking an Intern studying Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Chemistry Science, or related for the Piscataway, NJ area. This is a long term contract position, for 1 to 2 years. But be local and able to work onsite long term during the school year.
Seeking a Freshman or Sophomore for a Part time opportunity working 20-30 hours a week, M-F. Flexible to work around students schedule.
- Laboratory maintenance and upkeep, ensuring perishables are in stock, equipment is calibrated and ready to use, work with external providers should equipment repair be needed; lab record keeping (waste, experimental samples).
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders by demonstrating technical expertise. Develop and maintain expertise in one or more specialized technical areas through combined program of experimentation, reading technical literature and instrument manuals. Act as source of knowledge for other technical assistants and scientists working in this area.
- Write proposals & protocols for formulation and/or testing development on projects (both AT data generation and customer focused projects). Perform experiments according to SOPs and following ESHQ regulations and guidelines. Prepare technical reports on experiments & projects; interpret data and draw conclusions. Communicate results internally and externally.
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Polymer Chemistry / Science , or related scientific discipline.
- Good bench lab skills and record keeping essential.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Independent and highly driven individual who has the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a rapidly changing environment.
Sirius Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.