SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: New York, NY
The user experience design team is seeking interns to assist us in enhancing our customer experiences for our streaming and in-vehicle applications to work with our design teams based in New York, NY and Deerfield Beach, FL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the user experience group in developing sketches, wireframes, designs, and presentations.
- Perform market research and competitive analysis for the streaming and satellite radio teams.
- Help prepare discussion guides for user testing and take notes during testing sessions.
- Test unreleased versions of streaming and in-vehicle players to ensure conformance with requirements.
- Review and error-check UX and UI design documents.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- HCI or interaction design major preferred. Computer science or visual arts majors with an experience design focus are also welcome to apply.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good project management and planning skills.
- Good personnel management skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Familiar with SiriusXM programming.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of UX Design and workflow software (Sketch, Zeplin, Figma).
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and After Effects.
- Knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of the music streaming landscape.
Please note that all SiriusXM Internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.