SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Irving, Texas
SiriusXM’s connected vehicle division is a market leader in this space providing services to major car makers such as Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Fiat Chrysler, Hyundai and many others. We save lives every day in addition to providing convenience driven by the latest technologies to millions of drivers.
We are looking for an intern to join a dynamic and innovative new product group in the connected vehicle space with SiriusXM. As part of this group you will get exposure to real world IT and technology. Interns will get mentorship and will have an opportunity to truly experience large scale software applications, practical innovation and processes.
SiriusXM – Connected Vehicle has a dedicated intern program that is committed to provide mentorship to interns to shape their future and make them “Market Ready” by providing them an opportunity to work on real world applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passion for computer science, writing software and building innovative apps
- Drive to work in real world environment
- Knowledge and interest in:
- Software design principles.
- Systems Architecture
- Any programming language, especially js, python and Java.
- Passion to learn cloud computing / IoT (AWS primarily)
- Interest or experience in Mobile development iOS / Android
- An innate curiosity and a drive to learn.
- A bias for action.
- Enrolled in or completed a BS or MS candidate in Computer Science/Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate as well as collaborate with internal customers.
- Perform tasks with moderate supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Prior experience writing software is a plus.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.