SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Oakland, CA or New York, NY
SiriusXM + Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it!
The Content Analysis Systems and Operations team provides industry-leading taxonomies, tagging tools, and curated metadata to enhance our content understanding for superior recommendations of music, talk, and podcasts in the listener experience. As an intern on the Content Analysis team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with product managers, data scientists, and metadata analysts to design and contribute to an end-to-end solution that increases the efficacy and fidelity of our taxonomies, descriptive metadata, and associated systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute a specific metadata or taxonomic analysis, research project, documentation project, or redesign that enhances our metadata systems and technologies.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Working toward or recent graduate of an Information Science, Library Science, or Informatics BS or MS degree.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Strong background in information management, taxonomy and ontology design, or interfaces for information systems
Requirements and General Skills:
- Significant experience designing and building taxonomies, ontologies, information systems, or databases.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a small team.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with SQL (or proprietary equivalent).
- Experience with information science, taxonomy, thesaurus, or ontology theory
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.