SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Irving, TX/Oakland, CA/ Atlanta, GA
As a member of our mobile engineering team, you will have the opportunity to bring the SiriusXM + Pandora radio experience to our very large and expanding mobile customer base. You will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards and take pride in our work. You should have an understanding of quality Android app development with Java. As a member of our highly motivated team, you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. We are seeking an intern who places a high value on automated testing and has experience using test frameworks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform software design and development project work, including Android application development.
- Perform other duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum 1 year developing mobile applications for Android.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or a related field.
- Previous experience in software development – work projects, internships, summer jobs, etc. preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong academic credentials, solid understanding of software development, and personal responsibility for testing the code you write.
- Be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills.
- Must be willing to take initiative and follow through to completion.
- Must be capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience developing, testing and debugging mobile applications using Java/Android Studio.
- Experience developing object-oriented code in Java.
- Dedication to thorough testing and creating high quality software.
- Experience developing mobile applications using Kotlin.
- Experience building mobile applications that utilize web-services (either HTTP-based, XML-RPC, JSON or other services).
- Knowledge of MVC design patterns and development best practices.
- Experience with Android UI/UX design (Material Design Principles).
- Consumer mobile application development experience.
- Experience with agile software development practices.
- Experience developing scalable server-side software running under Linux/Unix.
- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers over mobile devices.
- Experience with testing technologies (JUnit, Espresso, Mockito, Robolectric).
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.