SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Dallas, TX
As a member of our OEM Customer Software Solutions engineering team, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the software delivery that enables the embedded SiriusXM + Pandora radio experience in our very large and expanding Automotive OEM customer base. You will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards and take pride in our work. You should have strong written language skills that are applicable to a technical environment. Demonstrable interest in a career as a Technical Writer is a must. Personal interaction skills are critical, as much of the work involves reading pre-existing technical documents and discussing with technical staff. Exposure and experience to software coding will be important to enable success. As a member of our highly motivated team, you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. We are seeking an intern who places a high value on pursuing the pinnacle of written expression in order to enable our business goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform authorship of technical documents for Software Development Kits and Application Notes.
- Develop presentations which describe technical topics for purposes of explaining to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Perform creation of technical documentation to enable our customers to integrate the software we develop.
- Organize and administrate portals and wikis for internal and external use.
- Perform other duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Demonstrable previous experience with creation of documents targeted at a technical audience.
- Demonstrable previous experience with concise written communication in any form necessary.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong academic credentials, solid understanding of technical writing skills.
- Be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills.
- Must be willing to take initiative and follow through to completion.
- Must be capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Strong capabilities for MS Suite (Powerpoint, Word primarily).
- Utilization of collaboration tools (MS Teams, Sharepoint, Confluence, Google Suite); Administrative responsibilities a major plus.
- Experience with HTML necessary; web design and use of CSS a major plus.
- Experience with technical documentation tools (such as those associated with Doxygen, Whatfix, Bit.ai, Github, etc.) is important for the successful candidate.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.