SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Oakland, CA
SiriusXM + Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it!
We are looking for a curious, smart, and enthusiastic intern to join the product analytics team, where you’ll have ownership over your own projects and the opportunity to learn from experienced analysts. In this role you’ll be working with SiriusXM + Pandora’s analytics teams to uncover insights into the performance of our ad and consumer products. We’re looking for someone passionate about using insights to help drive decisions, and who is interested in music, advertising and data analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups including product, ad operations and engineering to identify key product opportunities.
- Develop quantitative analysis using data extracted from hive and tools created.
- Analyze key listener metrics to drive product decisions.
- Build out visualizations of key metrics for consumption by product, ad operations and executive teams.
- Present analytical approach and findings to key stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2023 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Currently enrolled in a quantitative program of study preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to solve diverse problems efficiently.
- Ability to work with large datasets.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Strong focus on delivering insights that will lead to action.
- Innovative mindset that will help improve our products.
- Executes on opportunities to influence positive change.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Tableau, Hive/Hadoop, R, Python or SAS experience a plus.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.