SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Summer 2022
Location: Oakland, CA
We are seeking a temp economist for our advertising science team. The position consists of applying novel analysis methodologies to one of our ongoing field experiments with the hope that it will be published in the economics or marketing literatures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete research that will provide long-term value to the advertising business at SiriusXM + Pandora. Areas of interest include measuring advertising effectiveness, optimizing SiriusXM + Pandora’s marketing spend, measuring the impact of advertising on consumer listening behavior, setting prices for various types of advertising, and market design for digital audio advertising.
- Perform other duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internship is open to current students enrolled in a MS or PhD degree (those graduating by May 2023/2024 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Ph.D. in economics, statistics or related quantitative field.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Background in statistics and experimental design.
- Familiarity with market design and/or matching theory.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Applied research &/or design and execution of large-scale quantitative experiments and analyses.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with: R, Python (scientific libraries), or other scientific computing language.
- Familiarity with Hadoop.
- Familiarity with SQL queries.
Please note that all SiriusXM internships are paid.
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.