Job Summary: Interns will be given the opportunity to learn every aspect of a department, and are required to start in a front-line role. Interns that excel in this position will be given the opportunity to be promoted through various seasonal management levels. Must be able to function for long periods of time in all weather conditions and direct sunlight, with potential exposure to dust, dirt, and water. Interns are required to attend seminars and will be evaluated based on performance. Interns will gain experience related to, but not limited to business planning, in-park marketing, inventory control and hospitality management. Interns will be working in the Games & Retail department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to promote the park with the utmost enthusiasm and pride while handling cash.
- Ensure a safe and clean work area.
- Greet Guests enthusiastically and professionally, with and without the use of a microphone
- Assist the location manager in duties concerning signage, stocking, displaying, housekeeping and simple maintenance
- Must adhere to all Six Flags cash handling guidelines.
- Answer Guest questions and give proper guidance.
- Ensure Guest safety and satisfaction in their stay at Six Flags.
- Respond to any emergency situation in the area and maintain control until an area supervisor arrives.
Qualities of a Successful Intern:
- Must possess above average communication skills.
- Must react well in stressful and emergency situations.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Outgoing, friendly, and professional demeanor when interacting with Guests and Team Members
- Ability to take on and implement a wide spectrum of assignments, including front-line, managerial, and back-of-the-house tasks.
Additional Job Requirements:
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to communicate effectively in the English language, including the ability to read, speak, and understand the English language.
- Available to work flexible hours at nights and on weekends.
- Must have good cash handling and customer service skills. Previous management experience is helpful but not required.
- Requires continuous standing, bending, walking, hand/eye coordination, lifting, vision, hearing, and speech. Requires frequent kneeling, manual dexterity, gross motor skills, and color definition. Requires using a telephone.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time and as many as 14 hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up to 3 miles per day over various surfaces.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs consistently.
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 lbs over 25 feet over various surfaces.
- Must be able to lift and lower 5 lbs above shoulder level.
- Must be able to climb a stepladder up to 6 ft. in height.
*Applications without Resumes attached will not be considered at this time.*
Other Functions: All other duties assigned or necessary to support the park as a whole. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technological developments) dictate.