This internship will allow you to learn the quality standards of Six Flags Food and Beverage Department, offering impeccable service for thousands of guests on the daily. For this task you will be trained in Food Safety, Guest Service, Front and Back of the House Operations and Employee Relations. Finally you will learn about budgeting and Profit and Loss. These skills will translate into any Food and Beverage Career you choose to pursue going forward
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn about the Team Member, Supervisor and Full Time functions of Food and Beverage Operations.
- Learn about our mantra Friendly, Speedy and Accurate service, while learning how to resolve issues when necessary.
- Implement Guest service programs, and continually follow up with staff on service techniques.
- Enforce proper food preparation and handling procedures, in compliance with all Health Department and Food and Beverage Operation policies regarding sanitation.
- Continually monitor the cleanliness of all units within the assigned area.
- Ensure the safety of all team members and Guests.
- Learn about the inventory process and how to maintain a proper level of inventory each location in assigned area.
- Learn how to develop a well-trained, efficient staff, and ensure that qualified team members are available for promotion.
- Identify areas for continued improvement; develop and implement strategies to enhance these areas.
- Comply with all Six Flags policies at all times.
Qualifications for each applicant:
- Must be professional, outgoing, energetic, self-motivated, and able to motivate others, and have a positive attitude.
- Must have a willingness to learn about Food and Beverage Operations.
- Must have basic knowledge of food handling and business practices.
- Must be able to work at least 30-40 hours a week while enrolled in the internship.
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico, and Canada. For more than 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. With a culture built on safety, service, fun and friendliness, integrity, innovation, and results orientation, our mission at Six Flags Great Adventure is to create fun and thrills for all ages.
What’s in it for you?
- Free Food for Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Exclusive Rides parties for all employees.
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Professional Development
- Complimentary tickets
- In-Park discounts and more!