The Foods Warehouse position is physically demanding; manual labor is required. The Foods Support team is responsible for providing support to the Food Service department through ice production and delivery, beverage machine maintenance and novelty food storage and delivery. This position requires a valid drivers license and you must be 18 years of age or older.
Foods Support Team Members are required to interact with guests, other team members, leads, and supervisors on a daily basis. Additionally, Foods Support Team Members are required to continuously work outdoors and closely with others. Support staff will be required to work in the park when needed and must pass all Team Member and cash handling trainings. Occasionally will work alone. Will always be exposed to direct sunlight, dust, dirt, and water. Must be able to function in all weather conditions for long periods of time. Foods Ice House/Support Host/Hostess must be willing to help in the park when needed. This may include but is not limited to, food safety, cash handling, interacting with guests, and providing excellent service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to promote the park with the utmost enthusiasm and pride while providing support to the Foods Department through ice production and delivery.
- Maintain the production of ice and delivery to food stands throughout the park
- Delivery of ice via the use of park vehicles, hand trucks and manually.
- Bagging and lifting ice and operating lift equipment.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Maintain proper attendance and timelines
- Required to attend work in full grooming guidelines
- Required to stay in uniform w/ the exception of when in the support area.
- Ensure guest safety and satisfaction in their stay at Six Flags.
- Resolve Guest concerns that may arise on a daily basis
- Ensure standards of performance for all areas within their responsibilities are met.
- Respond to any emergency situation in the area and maintain control until an area supervisor arrives.
- Ensure that image, cleanliness and courtesy standards requirements are met.
- Refrain from consuming any substance that may impair judgment.
- Cooperate with all team members and managers.
- Answer guest questions and give proper guidance.
- Complete any and all tasks as requested by Six Flags Management.
- Respond to emergencies with appropriate action, maintain control and notify supervisor
Additional Job Requirements:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must posses a valid driver’s license to drive park vehicles
- Able to communicate effectively in the English language, including the ability to read, speak, and understand the English language
- Available to work flexible hours at nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Requires continuous sitting or standing, bending, eye/hand coordination, near vision, hearing, and speech. Requires frequent kneeling, manual dexterity, gross motor skills, and color definition. Requires using a telephone. Must be able to read and write English. Requires some lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, eye/hand coordination, near vision, hearing, and speech. Requires frequent kneeling, manual dexterity, gross motor skills, and color definition. Requires using telephone. Must be able to read and write English.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time and as many as 14 hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up to 3 miles per day over various surfaces.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs consistently.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs over 25 feet over various surfaces.
- Must be able to lift and lower 50 lbs above shoulder level.
- Must be able to climb a stepladder up to 6 ft. in height.
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For more than 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. With a culture built on safety, service, fun and friendliness, integrity, innovation, and results orientation, our mission at Six Flags Great Adventure is to create fun and thrills for all ages.
What’s in it for you?
- Free food for Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Exclusive Rides parties for all employees
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Professional Development
- Complimentary tickets
- In-Park discounts and more!