Get ready for real-world experience and learn what it takes for the daily operation of the world’s largest regional theme park! Interns will be given the opportunity to learn various aspect of the Operations division, and are required to start in a front-line role. Interns that excel in this position will be given the opportunity to be promoted through various seasonal management levels. Must be able to function for long periods of time in all weather conditions and direct sunlight, with potential exposure to dust, dirt, and water. Interns are required to attend seminars and will be evaluated based on performance. Interns will gain experience related to, but not limited to business planning, in-park marketing, inventory control and hospitality management. Interns will be working in the Operations Division which includes Guest Services, Park Services, Rides and Water Park Operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to promote the park with the utmost enthusiasm and pride.
- Ensure a safe and clean work area.
- Greet Guests enthusiastically and professionally.
- Assist department leadership in upholding our Mantra of Friendly, Clean, Fast and Safe service for all Guests and Team Members
- Must feel comfortable using technology, which includes but it not limited to cash registers, phones, tablets and computers.
- Must adhere to all Six Flags policies and procedures.
- Answer Guest questions and give proper guidance.
- Ensure Guest safety and satisfaction in their stay at Six Flags.
- Respond to any emergency situation in the area and maintain control until an area supervisor arrives.
Qualities of a Successful Intern:
- Must possess above average communication skills.
- Must react well in stressful and emergency situations.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Outgoing, friendly, and professional demeanor when interacting with Guests and Team Members
- Ability to take on and implement a wide spectrum of assignments, including front-line, managerial, and back-of-the-house tasks.
Additional Job Requirements:
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to communicate effectively in the English language, including the ability to read, speak, and understand the English language.
- Available to work flexible hours at nights and on weekends.
- Must have excellent customer service skills. Previous management experience is helpful but not required.
- Requires continuous standing, bending, walking, hand/eye coordination, lifting, vision, hearing, and speech. Requires frequent kneeling, manual dexterity, gross motor skills, and color definition. Requires using a telephone.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time and as many as 14 hours a day.
- Must be able to walk up to 3 miles per day over various surfaces.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs consistently.
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 lbs over 25 feet over various surfaces.
- Must be able to lift and lower 5 lbs above shoulder level.
- Must be comfortable with heights in excess of 10ft.
Other Functions: All other duties assigned or necessary to support the park as a whole. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technological developments) dictate.
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For more than 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. With a culture built on safety, service, fun and friendliness, integrity, innovation, and results orientation, our mission at Six Flags Great Adventure is to create fun and thrills for all ages.
What’s in it for you?
- Free food for Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Exclusive Rides parties for all employees
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Professional Development
- Complimentary tickets
- In-Park discounts and more!