Have a burning passion for Safety? Stop, Drop & Roll your way into a great part-time position with The Six Flags Great Adventure Fire Department.
Please ensure your resume & certifications are attached to your application for our hiring team to review. Thank you!
Job Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to fires and related emergencies
- Respond to medical related calls as needed
- Maintain all equipment and facilities of the Fire Department including all park fire extinguishers
- Conduct Safety inspections throughout the Parks including fire prevention, sprinkler, safety and extinguisher inspections
- Complete any task assigned by the Fire Captain and/or Safety Manager
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must possess a valid driver’s license at all times
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be able to read and write legibly in the English language and have the ability to complete fire incident and medical reports
- 2 Years of a career or volunteer Firefighting experience preferred
- Certified pump operator at local, county, or state level preferred
- NJ Firefighter 1 certified
- ICS 100 Certification
- NIMS 700 preferred
- Hazardous Material Awareness Certification
- Hazardous Materials Operations Certification preferred
- Current EMT-B Certification (NJ State or Nationally Certified) including EMS experience
- Be in excellent physical and mental condition as defined in NFPA 1001 standards. Able to pass a physical exam and physical performance test as defined in OSHA regulations
All qualified applicants will be required to successfully pass a written test and oral interview as well as undergo and pass a medical examination per NFPA and OSHA regulations, drug screening and successful background check.
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For more than 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. With a culture built on safety, service, fun and friendliness, integrity, innovation, and results orientation, our mission at Six Flags Great Adventure is to create fun and thrills for all ages.
What’s in it for you?
- Free food for Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Exclusive Rides parties for all employees
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Professional Development
- Complimentary tickets
- In-Park discounts and more!