The Communications Officer is vital to the safety of the Public Safety Department as well as the whole park. The dispatcher is responsible for maintaining healthy communications between all departments in an effort to keep Guests, Team Members, and the property safe.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct the position of Communications Officer in a professional manner
- Professionally answer radio traffic and telephone calls
- Obtain pertinent information and dispatch officers accordingly
- Remain focused and calm
- Utilize various dispatch programs and Six Flags applications
- Multi-task between writing, typing, multiple phone lines, and face-to-face communication
- Remain calm in the event of an emergency and act quickly
- Maintain high level of performance with emphasis on guest experience
- Ability to work in all Public Safety posts as assigned
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity concerning information disclosed
- Aid city or county law enforcement officials when responding to emergency calls
- Promote and maintain a good rapport with all park staff
- Maintain the highest standards in personal appearance and uniform up-keep
- Maintain the highest standards of appearance of ones work area
- Responsible for keys, radio, and equipment checks
Skills and Qualifications
· Demonstrate the ability to speak clearly on the telephone and radio system
· General computer knowledge
· Seasonal Public Safety Theme Park experience or Security Background
· Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast paced environment
· Attention to detail, excellent verbal, written, analytical, and organizational skills
· Available to work a variety of shifts, including weekends, evenings, and holidays
What’s in it for you?
- Free food for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day
- Exclusive Rides Parties for all Employees
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Professional Development
- Complimentary Tickets
- In-Park Discounts and More!
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For more than 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. With a culture built on safety, service, fun and friendliness, integrity, innovation, and results orientation, our mission at Six Flags Great Adventure is to create fun and thrills for all ages.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required, meeting the on-going needs of the company.
gs, Inc. to the cell phone number I provide.