Job Summary: Responsible for overseeing the effective use of park labor resources across departments of responsibility, in order to ensure Six Flags Great Adventure is positioned to deliver a superior Guest experience and operational excellence. Position will serve as a resource to departments and employees to optimize the availability of labor based on the dynamic needs of the park through scheduling and analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize in-house labor tracking system to meet labor initiatives
- Actively manage labor resources within departments to meet labor needs and attendance demands
- Ensure departmental schedules are completed on a timely basis and they optimize the use of all available staff while staying within our company’s three week scheduling standard
- Ensure all schedules are created with complete fairness and equity in mind in addition to following Six Flags minor labor laws and focusing on overtime reduction (where appropriate)
- Review and analyze schedules to identify and implement opportunities to gain ongoing improvements in labor optimization techniques
- Maintain and analyze relevant staffing data — to include hire, working, termination and availability statistics — in order to forecast staffing needs
- Interface frequently with local departments and fellow labor optimization staff to share best practices, maximize the effectiveness of programs and utilization of staff and understand all departmental objectives
- Enforcement of all company attendance policies and procedures
- Attend weekly respective departmental meetings to address all scheduling/labor productivity concerns
- Support departments with shoulder season staffing and high volume hiring demands
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 18 years of age
- Minimum of one year labor tracking or financial analysis experience preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to work productively across various departments.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products with an emphasis in Access and Excel.
- Able to communicate effectively in the English language, including the ability to read, speak and understand the English language.
- Flexible schedule required including nights, weekends and holidays.
*Weekend availability is a must*
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For more than 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. With a culture built on safety, service, fun and friendliness, integrity, innovation, and results orientation, our mission at Six Flags Great Adventure is to create fun and thrills for all ages.
What’s in it for you?
- Free food for Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Exclusive Rides parties for all employees
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Professional Development
- Complimentary tickets
- In-Park discounts and more!
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required, meeting the on-going needs of the company.