At Sleep Number we are improving lives every day by helping people sleep better every night. Learn more about a company that’s championing a health and wellness revolution with quality sleep at its core. Join our Electrical Engineering Team for co-op experience!
- Assist electrical engineers in circuit board programming, verification and debugging.
- Support electrical design activities including Bill of Materials maintenances and prototype build processes.
- Conduct standard Sleep Number and Safety Listing laboratory tests.
- Assist senior level technicians in conducting performance testing of electromechanical assemblies using test instrumentation.
- Compile and maintain test reports, procedures, prototype requests, equipment specification, equipment warranty data, service and maintenance logs etc.
- Assist other technicians with design validation & verification along with reliability/durability testing for new products both before and after product launches.
- EMC compliance testing and solutions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and/or within a team environment
- Conscientious, team player who drives for results
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to design and execute validation & verification tests
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Ability to conduct competitive evaluation and performance benchmarking of products, with input from engineers and technicians
- Experience in electronics (PCBA) assemblies is a plus
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with common data acquisition systems
- Desired technical and interpersonal skills:
- Circuit design and analysis
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university majoring in electrical engineering.
- Circuit design
- Tolerance analysis
- Generic Product Test (UL, FCC, CE)
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law