At Sleep Number we are improving lives every day by helping people sleep better every night. Learn more about a company that’s championing a health and wellness revolution with quality sleep at its core. Join our Manufacturing Team for a 12-week internship experience where you will plan, design and coordinate the implementation of process and equipment improvements for cost-reductions, quality, safety and efficiency. Improvements will often be focused on existing processes and equipment optimization. You will be involved in development and startup of new automated assembly equipment. You will also provide engineering support by troubleshooting problems and effecting timely solutions to maintain continuity of production flow.
- Support the implementation of new processes and automation projects to the manufacturing floor.
- Focus on and drive specific technical or capital improvement projects (CIP) in assembly, packaging, or other engineering disciplines as assigned.
- Coordinate communicate and complete assigned projects on time and in scope.
- Specify and/or purchase equipment, tooling and fixtures for process changes.
- Define project budgets, create purchase orders and propose CIPs
- Install and validate new equipment, tooling and fixtures for existing manufacturing process changes or replication. Responsible for documentation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (as required) to complete assigned projects
- Lead continuous improvement projects
- Support the implementation of OEE strategy
- Participate in assigned career development training programs.
- Must be able to spend a significant amount of time on a production floor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Project plans developed and executed within scope, on time and within budget
- Equipment performance
- Safety Performance
- Manufacturing efficiencies, cycle time and throughput
- Process Downtime<15%
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university majoring in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Clear communication, including effective writing skills and interpersonal skills a must.
- Proficient in Visio, Microsoft Office and MS Project
- AutoCAD or ProE experience
- Technical report writing skills
Additional Program Details:
- Competitive compensation
- Full intern summer events program
- Campus Ambassador opportunities
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.