At Sleep Number we are improving lives every day by helping people sleep better every night. Learn more about a company that’s championing a health and wellness revolution with quality sleep at its core. Join our Supply Chain Team for a 12-week internship experience advancing the supply chain’s data driven decisioning to provide a unique and beneficial learning experience. The Supplier Quality intern will be responsible for assisting the supply chain team in meeting both departmental and corporate objectives related to financial and customer experience KPIs.
This individual will have the opportunity to become an instrumental part of the daily supply chain activities including, supplier quality, reporting, analytics and benchmarking. In addition, this role will lead the development of the Supplier Quality processes.
- Lead the continued development of the Supplier Quality toolset site to drive increased communication and connectedness of the Supply Chain and include:
- A central organized area for communications, links to groups, announcements, core documents/data.
- Department site templates and team site templates for commonly used information reuse and standardization
- Management of multiple improvement projects, project specific files, and apply file templates to assist project leaders.
- Work with Supplier Quality, Sourcing, IT and others to define and deliver relevant dashboards for Supply Chain
- Generate Scorecards, Dashboards, and Reports using Microsoft Business Intelligence tools: Excel, Power BI, and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Create and execute training curriculum around the manuals and reports enabling higher levels of communication and awareness of process health.
- Lead presentation of materials created in executive level meetings and create feedback channels to ensure alignment.
- Consult with various Sleep Number departments as needed to gain insight into the requirements for various tool sets. Leverage their knowledge to determine what “Great” looks like.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-starter/action oriented (Drives Results)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strives to meet the requirements of internal/external customers (Customer Focus)
- Works well with diverse teams across the organization (Values Differences)
- Demonstrate capability to work with some ambiguity (Being Resilient)
- Ability to balance high-quality standards with schedule pressures and the ability to work both independently and within a team (Instills Trust)
- High level of integrity, professional attitude, reliable and dependable (Accountability)
- Strong analytical, structured problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High aptitude for technical writing
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand the big picture as well as pay attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Working knowledge of PowerBI and other reporting/visualization tools
- Knowledge of SharePoint site and page design required
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) a plus
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree from an accredited college/university majoring in Industrial and Systems Engineering, and/or Quality Management Systems.
Additional Program Details:
- Competitive compensation
- Full intern summer events program highlighting our field, stores, and corporate experiences.
- Campus Ambassador opportunities
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.