An internship in Customer Analytics will provide the opportunity to support critical efforts to optimize customer experience. This typically includes performing deep-dive analysis on the customer experience and journey; establishing benchmarks and socializing customer experience findings; forming actionable insights that increase conversion; analyzing results and making recommendations for enhancements of the customer experience. Additionally, as a member of the customer analytics team this will provide guidance and support to end users and the Operations team in the creation and execution of data pulls from the customer database. This role may communicate business needs to third party vendors, monitor their progress, support and enhance corporate projects and goals, such as augmenting customer segmentation strategies.
Roles and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Performing (under some supervision) assigned tasks that support day-to-day activities and project goals
- Analyzing data, preparing presentations to present results of work, interpreting data, and drawing conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work
- Supporting management of Customer Satisfaction survey results via Qualtrics (survey web based platform)
- Following appropriate methods and techniques in performing tasks and preparing related reports
- Collaborating with supervisory personnel to develop routine methods
- Recommending alternatives, examining new methods and techniques and possibly proactively seeking out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems
- Working in a cross-functional team managing customer experience programs and participating in group meetings
This role will develop professional expertise and apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. You will work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. It is expected that you will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Additionally, you will build productive internal/external working relationships.
It is expected that your role applies intermediate level skills to projects or assignments within own group/project team. You will receive general instructions on routine work and receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Your role typically reports to Managers.
Additionally, the level and nature of interaction of your role includes:
- Working under direct guidance on a component of a project, interacting primarily within the job family
This is a role that contributes through own efforts and application of expertise, skills, or tasks.
- Students pursuing a degree in Finance preferably but open to any Business related field that has a focus on data analysis
- The ideal candidate would be an entering Sophomore through Senior year but all students are welcome for consideration
- Ability to read and interpret data trends and patterns
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self Starter, must be able to take initiative and recruit needed resources
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and requests
- Capable of working both independently on projects and collaborating with a team
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office Suite required
- Strong Excel skills is a must, experience with Power BI – An advantage
- Experience and/or interest in survey-based data, customer experience, and data analysis
- Experience / familiarity with survey design and sampling methods – An advantage