As a summer intern with SJI Utilities group, your role will include assisting the Standards Department with some exposer to the Compliance and Emergency Preparedness departments. The goal of this internship is for you to assist department managers by working on various projects and initiatives to help the organization continue to grow while gaining valuable hands on experience.
- Assist the Standards Department in assuring that Company Standards are kept current with the Federal, State and local requirements as well as natural gas industry best practices.
- Review current Standards and recommend changes.
- Basic drafting of Standard Details.
- Assist in the review of new materials and tools proposed for the company.
- Assist the Compliance Department in the preparation of reports and analysis regarding transmission and distribution compliance and quality assurance activities.
- Participate in business and functional meetings to understand reporting/data requirements.
- Assist the Emergency Preparedness Department in the planning and review of drills and exercises related to Gas Utility practices.
- Review Emergency Preparedness documents for conformance with Federal and State codes and well as industry best practices.
- Students pursuing a degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering preferably but open to really any engineering major or a major that has a focus on technical writing.
- The ideal candidate would be an entering sophomore through Senior year but all students are welcome for consideration.
- Technical writing required
- Ability to read and interpret codes (Federal, State, Industry, Company, etc), preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret simple engineering documents and drawings., preferred.
- Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Basic drafting would be a plus,
- Ability to perform basic or introductory engineering calculations, preferred.
- **In the event we do not return to the office, student must be comfortable to work with minimal physical interaction**
Explore the Possibilities
If you’re looking to make an impact, South Jersey Industries is the perfect place. For interns, college graduates, or experienced professionals, at South Jersey Industries we look for enthusiastic, talented professionals at every level of our enterprise. From call center representatives with excellent people skills to engineers with the vision and expertise to design tomorrow’s energy infrastructure, we know that our people fuel our success. We take pride in recruiting the best talent available for every facet of our business. Explore the possibilities. You’ll be sure to find an opportunity that piques your interest.
- We are committed to developing and implementing innovative projects that increase energy efficiency and save clients money
- We provide an opportunity to build a successful and rewarding career in a variety of functional business areas
- We foster individual talents and abilities while promoting the value of teamwork
- Our culture prepares you for a lifetime of learning and professional development
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer