As a GIS Intern within the IT Department at SJI, your role will include assisting the IT department and the managers by working on various projects and initiatives to help the organization continue to grow while gaining valuable hands on experience.
- Help maintain and develop applications within the ArcGIS Enterprise framework. These applications may include and not limited to mobile field applications from ESRI such as Collector, Workforce, Navigator, Quick Capture, Survey123, Explorer for ArcGIS.
- This position will include the use of Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Pro to publish, develop, and maintain Webmaps and Web Applications.
- Develops and maintains geospatial databases.
- Uses GIS to perform spatial analysis, database development, extraction and manipulation.
- Converts data received from internal and external sources to make them usable in the GIS.
- Maintains metadata and documentation, performs topology checks and other data quality checks to identify and correct errors or omissions in data.
- This position will include participating in discussions with the business of South Jersey Gas and Elizabethtown Gas to promote the use of GIS technology in innovated ways.
- The ideal candidate would be a rising Junior or Senior or master’s student, but all students are welcome for consideration.
- Excellent computer skills, a professional demeanor, with a strong sense of commitment and the ability to evaluate complex information.
- A fundamental understanding of the ESRI framework and software is preferred for this position.
- An understanding of ArcGIS Enterprise and/or ArcGIS Online is desired.
- Knowledge of Python and/or SQL is desired.
Explore the Possibilities
If you’re looking to make an impact, South Jersey Industries is the perfect place. For interns, college graduates, or experienced professionals, at South Jersey Industries we look for enthusiastic, talented professionals at every level of our enterprise. From call center representatives with excellent people skills to engineers with the vision and expertise to design tomorrow’s energy infrastructure, we know that our people fuel our success. We take pride in recruiting the best talent available for every facet of our business. Explore the possibilities. You’ll be sure to find an opportunity that piques your interest.
- We are committed to developing and implementing innovative projects that increase energy efficiency and save clients money
- We provide an opportunity to build a successful and rewarding career in a variety of functional business areas
- We foster individual talents and abilities while promoting the value of teamwork
- Our culture prepares you for a lifetime of learning and professional development
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer