As a summer System Integrity Engineering Intern with South Jersey Gas, your role includes assisting department managers and personnel by working on various projects and initiatives to help the organization continue to grow while gaining valuable hands on experience. Engineering intern positions offer a variety of opportunities including basic engineering tasks related to design, analysis, testing, project management and system integrity. Interns will typically support one or more experienced engineers in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as experience the day-to-day workings of the engineering department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which help them build a strong network within the SJG community and with fellow interns.
- Provide support to the department Manager and Engineers to assist in the execution of larger project responsibilities.
- Perform calculations, analyses and research on upcoming department projects.
- Perform basic engineering design modifications in AutoCAD.
- Assist department in the drafting, finalizing and implementation of new technical report and process improvement recommendations.
- Prepare and collaborate on a cross-functional project which the applicant will present to the SJI Executive Leadership Team.
Additional Job Description
- The ideal candidate would be a rising Junior, Senior or Masters Engineering student at an ABET Accredited College/University, however all students regardless of collegiate year are welcome for consideration.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD are preferred.
- Strong verbal or written communication skills.
- A professional demeanor, with a strong sense of commitment and the ability to evaluate complex information.
- Ability to provide support and assistance to co-workers as appropriate.