General Description of Position:
The volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) with the South Orange Rescue Squad is assigned a weekly night shift (18:00-0600) where they are stationed at our building and respond to 911 medical emergencies within South Orange and neighboring cities such as, but not limited to Maplewood, Orange, Newark, and Irvington.
What Is Expected of the EMT:
EMTs with the South Orange Rescue Squad provide basic life support services when called upon, perform a rig check to ensure their truck is stocked and all equipment is operating properly, perform the assigned chore to ensure cleanliness of the building, and train on different topics to sharpen their skills to provide the best possible care to their patients.
- Seton Hall University class credit
- Direct patient care experience
- On the job training in medicine and high stress decision making
- Unique experiences working in urban and suburban settings
- Continuing Education Unit (CEUs) for certified EMTs
- New Jersey EMT or National Registry EMT certification (or within six months of acceptance)
- American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider CPR certification (or immediately after acceptance)
- Valid drivers license (not required, but preferred)
- Reliable transportation (not required, but preferred)