Co-Opportunity is a chance for you to learn about your chosen field in a real work environment with experienced SGI professionals. You’ll be involved in high-profile projects as an integral member of our working teams.
We offer full-time assignments to those students who are working toward undergraduate or graduate degrees in chemical, electrical and mechanical engineering.
Each assignment lasts a school term, and you may be invited to return to Specialty Granules LLC for additional terms while you continue your education. During your assignment, you will have a mentor – someone who will act as a coach to help you better understands both our company and your work responsibilities. You will receive a competitive salary and – depending on location – a temporary living allowance or relocation allowance.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing raw material quality assurance activities and material performance.
- Conducting problem solving investigations and troubleshooting to assure root cause is identified, counter measures and recurrence prevention are fully implemented.
- Supporting quality improvement initiatives directly or indirectly with suppliers.
- Providing technical support and analytical analysis for material issues.
- Involvement with data flow diagrams/technical diagrams.
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. All candidates must have a minimum 2.8 GPA, at least sophomore standing.
- Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Problem solving, project management and communication skills are all necessary as is the ability to operate in a team environment. In addition, candidates must have ability to generate accurate and concise technical reports.
- Candidates should also have computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word. Basic knowledge of MS Visio and Auto CAD.