About this Job
About Spectrum Chemical Mfg. Corp.:
We are an FDA registered manufacturer and distributor of fine chemicals and laboratory products with the largest selection of USP-NF-FCC chemicals for the manufacturing of food, drug, and personal care products available from a single source. We are a 50-year-old privately-owned business and an industry leader with a very ambitious growth plan. Our team fosters a dynamic environment that values individuals who want purpose, are result driven and will value collaborating with a diverse and talented team of experienced and passionate professionals.
An Exciting Opportunity:
Spectrum Chemical is seeking a full-time Engineering Intern. This is a great opportunity for someone who is hands on and creative and enjoys solving problems, designing and building solutions looking to work with a dynamic, and growing company. To be successful in this position, the right candidate will work hand in hand with operations and will take pride in designing and implementing practical solutions.
Initiatives You Will Champion:
· Develop an understanding of the manufacturing technology environment.
· Work with experienced manufacturing technology professionals in the performance of your responsibilities.
· Learn about chemistry/chemical engineering, manufacturing/Industrial engineering and instrumentation through daily activities
· Provide support related to method development projects including testing and design
· Provide feedback on projects
· Visual Management and other lean initiatives
· Work with manager or other engineers on team to conduct Root-cause analysis, troubleshoot yield and/or process excursions and provide failure analysis support.
To be successful in this role you will need:
· Exceptional problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
· Strong writing/verbal communication and presentation skills
· Accomplished computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and database experience
· Excellent work ethic with ability to work in cross-functional teams to deliver concrete project deliverables in a timely manner
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
· Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Fluent in English – written and oral skills required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations and solve them.
Education and/or Experience:
· Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university in a chemical engineering program.
· Working towards a BS in Chemical Engineering, or related field.
If you want to work with our team:
· This position is based in Gardena, CA or New Brunswick, NJ