Position Purpose Under general supervision, supports the After Care + Enrichment Director in administering programs to provide a safe and engaging ASC experience for students. Facilitates activities by establishing a relationship with AS Director and students through learning resources and the school environment. Develops and fosters the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability, and aptitude.
• At the direction of the Auxiliary Program Coordinator, implements activities with students.
• Prepares materials and ACE environment as directed by Auxiliary Program Coordinator.
• Assists with and participates in all ACE activities, including but not limited to outdoor, crafts/coloring, legos, and gym activities.
• Supports rules of conduct and creates a warm and welcoming environment.
• Maintains order in the ACE classroom and throughout common areas of the campus, including playground.
• Attends work and arrives/departs work at the appropriate times as determined by the immediate supervisor.
• Assumes other job-related duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Willingness to be flexible with change in duties.
• Knowledge of content, methods, materials, and equipment for ACE.
• Ability to facilitate activities for children that encourage healthy growth.
• Knowledge of applicable safety procedures.
• Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
• Ability to exercise control and maintain classroom management.
• Comfortable with a team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
• Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious, and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Prior experience working with children.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• Be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
• Regularly use close and distance vision.
• Frequently stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit.
• Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally climb.
• Work in a traditional climate-controlled classroom environment with moderate noise level and work outside in all seasonal weather conditions (except extreme weather conditions) Application Procedures Interested candidates, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.