Supervises campers entering preK-6th Grade enrolled in Summerside Camps Day Camp and ensures all campers have fun in a safe environment. Facilitates activities by establishing a relationship with the Day Camp Director and campers utilizing learning resources and the SCH environment. Develops and fosters the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability, and aptitude.
• At the direction of the Day Camp Director, helps implement activities with campers.
• Prepares materials for activities
• Supports rules of conduct and creates a warm and welcoming environment.
• Maintains order in the classroom and throughout common areas of the campus, including playground.
• Attends work and arrives/departs work at the appropriate times as determined by the immediate supervisor.
• Assumes other job-related duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
• Parent Communication
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Willingness to be flexible with change in duties.
• Knowledge of content, methods, materials, and equipment for Summer Programs.
• Ability to facilitate activities for children that encourage healthy growth.
• Knowledge of applicable safety procedures.
• Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
• Ability to implement and reinforce positive camper behavior and group management
• Comfortable with a team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
• Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious, and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• At least four years of experience working with children ages 3-10 years, or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Education.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• Be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
• Regularly use close and distance vision.
• Frequently stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit.
• Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally climb.
• Work in a traditional climate-controlled classroom environment with moderate noise level.
• Work outside in all seasonal weather conditions (except extreme weather conditions)
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.