Creates art lessons, based on weekly themes, for campers entering PK-6th Grade enrolled in Summerside Day Camp. Facilitates activities by establishing a relationship with the Day Camp Director and campers through learning resources and the SCH environment. Develops and fosters the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability, and aptitude.
• Creates daily art activities for each day camp group.
• Prepares materials for activities.
• Supports rules of conduct and creates a warm and welcoming environment.
• Maintains order in the classroom and throughout common areas of the campus.
• Attends work and arrives/departs work at the appropriate times as determined by the immediate supervisor.
• Assumes other job-related duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Willingness to be flexible with a change in duties.
• Knowledge of content, methods, materials, and equipment for Summer Programs.
• Ability to facilitate activities for children that encourage healthy growth.
• Knowledge of applicable safety procedures.
• Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
• Ability to exercise control and maintain classroom management.
• Comfortable with a team-based work structure; ability to demonstrate flexibility on the job.
• Demonstrates initiative is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• At least four years of experience working with children ages 3-10 years, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Education.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• Be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
• Regularly use close and distance vision.
• Frequently stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit.
• Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally climb.
• Work in a traditional climate-controlled classroom environment with a moderate noise level.
• Work outside in all seasonal weather conditions (except extreme weather conditions)
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.