SPS Commerce is hiring a Lead Generation Representative to help us manage and organize our Inbound Leads. This team sits within our Sales Operations team and will work closely with different sales team and plays the critical role of qualifying and distributing leads.
Does this sound like you?
- Do you have a natural talent and inclination to rapidly connect with potential or current customers to quickly build trust and provide an outstanding initial impression?
- Are you able to work independently, are full of internal drive, and like to work towards team and individual metrics?
- Do you like working in a close-knit team with frequent collaboration and more of a supportive culture?
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process, and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
An Inbound Lead Generation Representative is responsible for engaging with prospects and customers (via phone, chatline, and queue) to generate new and expansive sales opportunities through organic inbound inquiries and marketing-driven inbound campaigns. The primary objective is to connect qualified prospects with respective sales account team members allowing them to further the sales cycle. This role will be expected to consistently meet monthly sales goals, as well as accurately notate activities in Salesforce.com in a concise and comprehendible manner.
- Qualify sales leads into opportunities from various inbound marketing programs and involve the appropriate team(s).
- Utilize internal and external data resources to conduct research on organizations and contacts to help drive quality of new sales opportunities.
- Uncover needs and determine, in consultation with the prospect, mutual fit with SPS and best solutions for each account.
- Meet response SLAs and utilize exceptional time and organizational management skills.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to accurately track activity, update lead, account, and opportunity information, as appropriate.
- Assist in the development of best practices within the lead generation sales process.
- Maintain strong knowledge of the SPS services to maximize cross-sell opportunities.
- Collaborate internally with sales, marketing and customer success teams to improve the customer journey.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years of relevant experience OR a combination of some post-secondary education plus 3 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience in a sales or customer service focused role.
- Capacity to absorb complex information and apply it accurately and quickly.
- A knack for conducting independent research and data mining.
- Goal and results oriented.
- 1+ years of experience selling (outside sales, inside sales, retail sales, telemarketing)
- Proven experience and ability to build and maintain cross-departmental, multi-functional and collaborative relationships required.
- Proven competence with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Salesforce.com
- Experience in technology, retail or equivalent industry with high degree of complexity.