The Research Associate (RA) will participate in studies designed to assess the chronic effects of alcohol, Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) and HIV on brain structure and function in both clinical populations and modeling. Clinical studies are oriented around brain Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and include socio-demographic, clinical, neuropsychological, and physiological assessments. Thus, responsibilities will include recruiting study volunteers, screening of control and target population participants, administering and scoring of cognitive and motor tests, and acquisition of MRI data.
For preclinical modeling, the RA will similarly participate in the acquisition of physiological, behavioral, and MRI data. The RA will also be responsible for data entry, tracking of study progress, and other tasks as required.
- Position will require compliance with governmental regulations and SRI policies regarding health and safety issues.
- BA/BS required; major in the biological sciences or psychology preferred (equivalent combination of skills, education, and experience will be considered.)
- An understanding of the principles of sound research design and data collection
- Skill in organizing and implementing multiple complex tasks
- Comfort with data collection using a variety of computer interfaces
- Ability to work well with colleagues and subjects
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with computer programs, with as word and excel, and unix preferred.
- Applicants with experience with preclinical models will also be given preference.
Other Requirements :
- A post-offer, pre-laboratory placement physical examination may be required.
- U.S. Citizenship required.