JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Coordinates and facilitates patient admission according to patient acuity, bed availability, and required services.
- Collaborates with the nursing staff and multidisciplinary team members to place patient in appropriate level of care to achieve desired outcomes.
- Initiates care management process including pre-registration and insurance verification.
- Stays informed of changes in managed care and communicates procedural and financial impact to admitting physicians during the reservation/scheduling process.
- Reviews medical reports from referring hospitals or physician offices and relays information to nursing unit. Develops relationships with referral sources and admission decision makers.
- Coordinates education and development of internal staff and external departments to ensure understanding of intake review and approval process.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department’s Scope of Service.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.