SBP is looking for passionate, service-minded individuals to join our AmeriCorps team!
COVID-19 Safety Statement: SBP requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all team members. We have an obligation to ensure that no team member poses a direct threat to the health or safety of our clients, themselves, or others in the workplace. Applicants or members in the Client Services Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, or Construction Coordinator roles who are unvaccinated due to a medical disability or a sincerely held religious belief may be entitled to a vaccine exemption and reasonable accommodations. Applicants or members in the Project Lead, Disaster Corps Project Lead, or Supply & Logistics Coordinator roles will not be eligible for accommodations. All vaccinated team members will be required to submit photocopies of the front and back of their vaccination cards prior to onboarding with SBP.
SBP is a national nonprofit dedicated to shrinking the time between disaster and recovery. Since 2006, we have rebuilt over 3000 homes and developed affordable housing for people impacted by natural disasters. With the dedication and passion of our staff, AmeriCorps members, and volunteers, we help community members return home to safe, sanitary and secure conditions.
JOIN the SBP AmeriCorps team and serve 10 months in one of the following roles:
As a Project Lead, you will train and coach volunteers in completing basic construction tasks and celebrate volunteer impact.
As a Volunteer Coordinator you will recruit, onboard and support volunteers.
As a Supply & Logistics Coordinator, you will coordinate the operations of SBP’s warehouse and delivery system to ensure project sites have the tools and materials they need.
As a Client Services Coordinator you will serve as the point of contact and resource for the clients of SBP, assessing clients’ needs, provide referrals, and offer support throughout the application and rebuilding processes.
Candidates without prior construction experience are still encouraged to apply. If you’re committed to learning, have a strong work ethic, and enjoy leading volunteers, we want you on our team.
Watch our Anthem to hear how SBP is helping prevent people from reaching their breaking point.
Learn how AmeriCorps members play a part in the growing national service movement and have the opportunity to develop valuable professional skills.
Ready to make a big impact? APPLY TODAY!
- Be at least 17 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Monthly Living stipend of $1,600
- An additional $175 monthly housing stipend for individuals who have previously served in AmeriCorps, NCCC, or VISTA
- An education award of $6,345 upon successful completion of each 10-month term
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-guaranteed student loans during their service term. (The National Service Trust will also pay all or a portion of the interest that accrued during the service period.)
- Free limited benefits health coverage
- Access to the AmeriCorps Member Assistance Program
- Child care assistance
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further their career