*Please Note: This is a full-time Summer opportunity*
The St. Paul’s Community Development Corporation (SPCDC) AmeriCorps Program is seeking passionate, social justice oriented candidates for its Summer of Service!
AmeriCorps Members dedicate their summers to serve communities throughout the United States that are in need of support. For this summer of service, members earn a living stipend and education award.
SPCDC AmeriCorps Members serve in all aspects of the agency’s work, as well as with partner agencies located throughout Paterson and Passaic County, NJ. Duties range from working as aides in local food pantries, as case management support in homeless shelters, and as classroom support in summer programs.
Candidates will begin service on June 28, 2021 with a contracted end date of August 31, 2021. Summer of Service members will complete 300 volunteer hours by 8/31.
AmeriCorps is the domestic version of the Peace Corps. Learn more about AmeriCorps: http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps
2020-2021 SPCDC Summer of Service AmeriCorps Opportunities:
- SPCDC Food Pantry
- SPCDC Next Step Workforce Development
- SPCDC Emergency Men’s Shelter
- Full Service Community Schools Summer Programs
SPCDC offers its members benefits based on level of service commitment.
- Living Allowance: $2,520.00
- Education Award: $1,311.11
- Federal Loan Deferment & Interest Payment While Serving
- Access to NJ State CNCS Trainings, Professional Development and Support Workshops
- Networking Opportunities
- Access to AmeriCorps Alumni Resources