The St. Paul’s Community Development Corporation (SPCDC) AmeriCorps Program is seeking passionate, social justice oriented candidates for its 2021-2022 program year.
AmeriCorps Members dedicate approximately one year of their life to serve communities throughout the United States that are in need of support. For this year of service, members earn a living stipend and education award.
SPCDC AmeriCorps Members serve in all aspects of the agency’s work, as well as with partner agencies located throughout Paterson and Passaic County, NJ. Duties range from working as aides in local food pantries, as case management support in homeless shelters, and as classroom support in after school and summer programs.
Candidates will begin service during the month of September (or shortly thereafter) with a contracted end date of August 31, 2022. Full-time (FT) members must complete 1700 service hours. Half-time (HT) members must complete 900 service hours by the date stipulated.
AmeriCorps is the domestic version of the Peace Corps. Learn more about AmeriCorps: http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps
2021 – 2022 SPCDC AmeriCorps Opportunities:
1. SPCDC Food Pantry
- Intake Aide (1 HT Service Position Available)
- Distribution Aide (1 HT Service Position Available)
- Van Driver Aide (1 HT Service Positions Available)
2. Paterson Habitat for Humanity
- Construction Coordinator Aide (1 FT Service Position Available)
- Community Development Assistant (1 FT Service Position Available)
- Volunteer Engagement Assistant (1 HT Service Position Available)
3. Paterson Public School 15
- Youth Program Assistant (2 FT / 2HT Service Positions Available)
4. SPCDC Emergency Men’s Shelter
- Case Manager Aide (1 FT Service Position Available)
5. SPCDC Next Step Workforce Development Program
- Classroom Aide (1 FT Service Position Available)
- Case Manager Aide (2 FT Service Positions Available)
6. Boys & Girls Club
- Youth Program Assistant (3 HT Service Position Available)
Please stipulate the PROGRAM or SERVICE OPPORTUNITY of interest in your response. Qualifications and responsibilities are contingent upon position.
SPCDC offers its members benefits based on level of service commitment.
- Total Stipend Amount for the Service Year: $15,210.00 (FT) / $8,060.00 (HT)
- Education Award: $6,345.00 (FT) / $3,172.50 (HT)
- Federal Loan Deferment & Interest Payment While Serving
- Access to NJ State CNCS Trainings, Professional Development and Support Workshops
- Networking Opportunities & End of Service Trip to Washington D.C. (FREE)
- Access to AmeriCorps Alumni Resources