Our Spring 2022 Engineering Co-Op program lasts from January 3, 2022 to June 24, 2022 at our Boston, MA headquarters. As temporary full-time Starry employees, Co-Ops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays. Our RF Systems Engineering Co-Ops continue to be onsite at our headquarters with COVID-19 precautions in place, but some Co-Ops have the option to be fully remote. We also offer housing assistance to those outside the Boston metropolitan area, so we encourage students from all over the US to apply!
The Radio Frequency Systems Engineering team plays a key role in the design and development of Starry’s technology. Engineers on the RFSE team will take early modules from the Mechanical, RF and Firmware teams and integrate them into functional prototypes for determining initial performance and developing optimization algorithms. Additionally, this team takes new products from experiments to active deployment and ensures they succeed.
What You’ll Do:
- Integrate newly designed modules into functional systems for proof-of-concept
- Create and execute system test plans
- Design, create schematics for, and build system test beds
- Develop automation software for system-level tests
- System circuit design and soldering
- Experience with electronics labs and test equipment, including signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers
- Enthusiastic about working in the lab.
- Proficiency with Linux, Python, networking, and/or bash
- Experience with source control and defect tracking systems (Github, Jira, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of RF/mmWave principles
- Working knowledge of embedded systems and networking concepts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.