Our Spring 2022 Engineering Coop program lasts from January 3, 2022 to June 24, 2022 at our Boston, MA headquarters. As temporary full-time Starry employees, Co-Ops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays. Validation engineering Co-Ops continue to be onsite at our headquarters with COVID-19 precautions in place. We also offer housing assistance to those outside the Boston metropolitan area, so we encourage students from all over the US to apply!
Systems Software Validation Engineers are involved in the design of each new feature in our products. We participate in each sprint with Firmware, Product Delivery, and other engineering teams. We develop automated regression tests that run against nightly and milestone releases of our system software. Additionally, we leverage our expertise with the product to support engineering, manufacturing, and deployment.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, and extend custom test frameworks and test beds
- Write software that interfaces with Starry hardware, both as a complete system and in test harnesses
- Develop automated scripts in Python to continually improve testing capabilities
- Evaluate product and feature specifications and requirements
- Quantify system reliability, scalability, load and throughput
- Develop software and services that improve efficiency for other validation engineers, in all roles described above