Do you want to shape the future of transportation in CT? Does working within an innovative team of engineers excite you? If so, come make an impact by serving your state! Read below & apply today!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Transportation (DOT) is seeking qualified applicants to apply for the position of Transportation Engineer Trainee (Construction Engineering) in our Office of Surveys, Norwich, CT. Current Construction Engineering students graduating with a Bachelor’s degree by May of 2021 are encouraged to apply.
Note: This is a 1-year training program, the successful candidate will be promoted to Transportation Engineer 1 (Construction Engineering) upon completion of the program.
- These positions are 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- You will receive training to help develop your technical engineering skills and knowledge.
- You will learn to perform complex engineering tasks in relation to highway construction, inspection of construction projects, and specialized engineering activities.
- You will learn to conduct material tests, program/schedule contracts, and use municipal systems/surveys.
- You may be required to work nights, weekends, and overtime.
- You are required to have a drivers license per the Engineering and Scientific (P-4) Bargaining Unit agreement. Please list your valid Driver’s license number, expiration date, and issuing State (along with any other job relevant licenses or certifications) in the Licenses and Professional Certifications section of your application.
Work/Life Balance & Employee Value Proposition (EVP): Fulltime 40 hours per week Monday-Friday, in Norwich, CT (District IV).
What’s in It For You- Leading Comprehensive Benefits: Competitive salary structure, excellent health & dental coverage, generous vacation, personal, and sick time, retirement plan options & more!