Lancaster Farming continues to GROW! With circulation of over 59,000 copies weekly, it is the #1 agriculture newspaper in the mid-Atlantic region! Our print products coupled with our website are a leading source of news and information for the farming and Ag communities we serve. We are looking for a creative and innovative individual to join our Editorial Team as a Web Producer. The Web Producer will work with editorial and marketing departments to build out a robust digital experience for Lancaster Farming’s online audience and will play a key part in the newsroom’s goal of increasing digital traffic and creating valuable content to retain our readership.
The web producer has a hand in every part of the digital publication process, from working with the reporters to break news, identifying video and photo opportunities, exercising solid news judgment on headlines and story placement and in deployment of stories in push alerts, newsletters and social media.
Essential Job Functions:
- The Web Producer will be responsible for site layout, headline writing, SEO, story editing, strategic scheduling of content to the site and social media, aggregation and content generation, embedding links, preparing photos and tracking website analytics.
- The ability to look for unique, digital-only opportunities for content, including repackaging of current and previous content.
- Creating new digital content and keeps an eye out for trends that are relevant, important and interesting for a farming or homesteading audience.
- Must exercise flexibility and creativity.
- Organized and ability to multi-task.
- Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure.
- Team player who enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
- Must have solid website management experience, including working in content management systems.
- Must be proficient in Photoshop. Other Adobe products are a plus.
- Parse.ly and Google Analytics experience is a plus.
- Ability to use a computer monitor, keyboard, and mouse for extended periods of time.
- Proficient use of PC, laptop, smartphone, tablet, photo/video equipment