Stewards VISTA: Engagement Coordinator – Durango, CO
Durango, CO • ID:
Stewards VISTA: Conservation Legacy – Durango, CO
Term of positions is 365 Days; full-time 40 hrs/wk
Conservation Legacy Office
Bi-Weekly Living Allowance of $513.94
Position is eligible for an AmeriCorps education award upon successful completion of the program. Value of education award is $6,345.00 (pre-tax).
Open until position filled
Application Due Date:
Applications reviewed as received
Title of Position
Engagement Coordinator – Durango, CO
Stewards Individual Placements (SIP) provides individuals with service and career opportunities to strengthen communities and preserve our natural resources. Participants work with federal agencies, tribal governments, and nonprofits building institutional capacity, developing community relationships, and supporting ecosystem health. SIP, a program of Conservation Legacy, is looking for an AmeriCorps VISTA member to serve out of our headquarters office in Durango, CO.
Conservation Legacy maintains, restores, and enhances public and tribal lands and waters as well as natural, cultural, and historical resources and treasures that meet locally identified needs. Conservation Legacy helps develop a generation of skilled workers, educated and active citizens, future leaders, and stewards of natural and cultural resources and communities. Conservation Legacy is distinctly different from the other national conservation corps organizations in the following ways:
- Program Operations. Conservation Legacy focuses on directly operating programs rather than playing ‘association’ type roles.
- Limited Advocacy. While Conservation Legacy engages in some advocacy activities and supports national corps efforts, Conservation Legacy is primarily focused on operating conservation service programs.
- Local Approach. Conservation Legacy does not plan to operate in all 50 states, but instead in local areas where it establishes offices, engages local participants, coordinates a local advisory committee, and responds to local needs. Rather than focus on a national identity, each Conservation Legacy program has local branding reflective of the programming and needs of the local community.
Position Responsibilities will include:
- Focus on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – working with the Director of Diversity & Recruitment on org-wide DEI initiatives
- Poverty Alleviation – Engage underrepresented populations within the local community in environmental careers and education
- Fund Development and Grant Writing – Assist in identifying and applying for grants and funding opportunities
- Community Engagement – Identify community goals, build and maintain community relationships with community members, businesses, and leaders
- Some College experience
- Minimum Age of 18
- U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 by the first day of employment and ability to provide proof of vaccination before starting
- Public Speaking
- Fundraising/Grant writing
- Team work
- Community Organizations
- A desire to learn all of these skills
- Position is eligible for an AmeriCorps education award upon successful completion of the program. Value of education award is $6,345.00 (pre-tax).
- Living Allowance of $513.94 Bi-weekly
- Relocation Allowance
- Health Coverage Available
- Childcare assistance if eligible
How to Apply
Apply on-line at:
For More Information
Contact Ryan Tant – Stewards Program Coordinator
For additional positions open from Stewards, please follow this link: https://stewardslegacy.org/open-positions.
Stewards Individual Placements Program does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.