At Stony Brook Medicine, a TH Clinical Laboratory Technologist is a valuable member of our team, who will demonstrate a high degree of technical competence and knowledge in current methods and techniques.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Primary plating of clinical and/or environmental specimens onto the appropriate culture media utilizing standard plating methods.
- Perform quality control on all media and reagents used in the laboratory and keep accurate records of the results of such testing.
- Demonstrate a high degree of technical competence and knowledge in current methods and techniques required to identify to the species level a broad spectrum of bacteria.
- Be able to efficiently use the hospital computer system with regard to the input of microbiology reports and to extract information which is pertinent to the cultures involved.
- Is responsible for the identification of routine isolates utilizing the protocol planned by the Associate Chief of Microbiology and coordinates these efforts with the supervising technologist.
Required (as evidenced by an attached resume): (SL-1) Clinical Laboratory Technologist: NYS License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist or documented eligibility and 0-2 years of demonstrated relevant clinical laboratory experience. (SL-2) NYS License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist or documented eligibility and 2-5 years of demonstrated relevant clinical laboratory experience. (SL-3) NYS License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist or documented eligibility and a Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology/Biological or Life Sciences with a minimum of five years or more of demonstrated relevant clinical laboratory experience or NYS License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist or documented eligibility with a minimum of eight years of demonstrated relevant clinical laboratory experience.
Preferred: Bachelors degree in Medical Technology, Microbiology, or a Life Science. Microbiology or generalist registry (or Registry Eligible) from a nationally recognized organization. Recent Clinical Bacteriology and recent LIS experience.
Special Notes: Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.