Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation? Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named the #5 Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs including training, certifications, mentorship, leadership programs, tuition reimbursement, one-on-one coaching and more!
Who we want
Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
Strategic thinkers. Interns who propose innovative ideas and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
Customer-oriented achievers. Individuals with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
Game changers. Persistent interns who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
What You Get Out of the Internship
Stryker, a global leader in medical technology takes great pride in their people, and that’s why we’re looking to expand our talent. As a result, we are looking for the best and brightest students to strengthen our team and drive our business going forward. Stryker Finance and Accounting interns will get to:
•Apply classroom knowledge in a fast-paced and growing industry setting
•Put people first, and gain valuable experience as a result
•Implement new ideas, be constantly challenged, and develop your skills
•Network with key/high-level stakeholders and leaders of the business
•Be a part of an innovative team and culture
Finance/accounting interns will –
•Create and analyze specific accounting statements and reports to assist in the preparation of financial statements
•Provide support to teams to develop new and improve existing finance and accounting processes
•Create Ad Hoc templates to better utilize various ERP systems
•Coordinate with other departments to set projections/budgets
•Communicate variances v. financial targets to management and other departments
•Reconcile balance sheets accounts as assigned by management
•Participate in monthly and yearly closing processes including journal entry preparation
•Assist with the development and maintenance of annual budgets
Majors targeted: Finance, Accounting, Business analytics or related degree
What You Need
• Currently working on completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent; we will only consider students who plan be enrolled in a degree-seeking program after the summer
• Cumulative 3.0 GPA or above; must be the case at the date of hire and also will be verified during background check in the spring
• Must be eligible to work on a permanent basis in the United States
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills
Completion of Stryker’s Checkmate Leadership program preferred.