Banquets Manager l Full-Time Year-Round
RESPECT l INTEGRITY l TEAMWORK l SUSTAINABILITY
Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school, mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest experience? Make this your best season yet by joining the team at Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to offer.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Free skiing + riding privileges at Sugarbush and across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents
- Discounted rates at non-Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations
- Free golf and health & recreation center membership for eligible employees and their dependents
- Combined Time Off (CTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on food & beverage, apparel, and outdoor gear.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Employee housing (subject to availability)
Sugarbush Resort is searching for a Banquets Manager to join our team! The Banquets Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating the delivery of all food and beverage activities for events at the resort. This position is primarily focused with front of the house activities.
- Handle all aspects of banquet functions including preplanning, supervision of staff during set-up, service and breakdown; and administrative duties.
- Responsible for inspecting and performing quality checks for event prior to scheduled event.
- Participate in pre-event meetings with coordinator and clients.
- Work with Bridal Party Day of to ensure all décor and requirements are displayed appropriately.
- Act as primary day of point person and work with Meeting Planner to ensure AV, pads, pens and all planner requirements are displayed and broken down appropriately.
- Conduct pre-function meetings with all banquet staff and coordinators to communicate planned details, last minute changes and follow BEO guidelines
- Supervise Banquet staff ensuring dress code is adhered to, enforcing service standards for all events, meetings and related operations including innovate and creative food, beverage, and bar displays.
- Monthly inventory of all banquet services equipment, supplies, audio visual & flip charts/markers, pads, pens, candy dishes.
- Finalize BEOs on daily basis with all necessary billing information for sales/accounting.
- Meets bridal party post wedding to assist with load out, answer questions, and present final bar and brunch consumption charges. Secures final payment of wedding.
- Bachelor’s’ degree in hospitality management or any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Minimum three years’ experience in Food & Beverage, preferably in banquet event set up and execution.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and POS terminals. Delphi and Social Tables preferred.
- Experience with cost controlling, food safety & hygiene.
The well-being of our employees, guests, and communities is our top priority as we deliver enhanced operations to help combat the spread of COVID-19. To that end, we have introduced a new Extended COVID Leave Policy, where, in conjunction with other programs, employees may take paid sick leave, up to a maximum of two weeks, due to qualifying reasons related to COVID-19.
Sugarbush Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
An offer of employment may be contingent upon the results of a background, MVR, or criminal records check