Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school, mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest experience? Make this your best winter yet by joining the team at Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to offer.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?:
Our investment in each employee includes a comprehensive wellness initiative, unwavering commitment to safety, growth opportunities, and a wide variety of resort benefits. Employees get to take advantage of our 4000+ acre playground including skiing, golf, mountain activities, health club membership, resort discounts, and more, so it’s easy to share your enthusiasm for Sugarbush with our guests.
The Sugarbush Day School is seeking a Room Leader to join our team! The Sugarbush Day School is a state-licensed daycare for children ages 6 weeks to 6 years of age. The Room Leader will be responsible for the development and facilitation of programs for specific age groups and room assigned (Nursery, Toddler, or PreK) and communicate with parents about programs and progress of children. Housing may be available for this position, subject to availability.
This is a full-time year-round position with a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts for both medical and dependent care, four weeks paid time off, and 401(k). Employees receive free skiing + riding privileges for themselves and eligible dependents, golf, health and recreation center membership, food discounts and more.
- This position makes decisions about the operation of an entire room or group of children relating to education, entertainment, discipline, and scheduling.
- Supervises 2 to 7 employees.
- Assist Director with administrative functions, including but not limited to scheduling and accounting.
- Assist in the daily super-vision of assistants, train new employees, plan and issue daily work assignments, assist with problem solving and recordkeeping for assigned room.
- Have knowledge of and the ability to communicate overall policies and functions of entire facility.
- Perform safety inspections on a regular basis. Keep a safety conscious attitude.
- Assist with opening/closing procedures and cleaning of facility on a daily basis.
- Serve on various Resort committees.
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of the children in the program for each day.
- Feed the children according to schedule set forth.
- Ensure that the equipment used daily and facility (room area) are cleaned thoroughly and remain a safe environment at all times.
- Be familiar with emergency procedures.
- Ensure that children are supervised at all times and in compliance with Non-Recurring Childcare guidelines
- Provide opportunities for sleep and rest.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable in.
- Implement positive discipline when needed.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with the children and other staff members.
- CDA, or Associates Degree in Early Childhood and two (2) years’ experience with group of children, or BA/BS with four (4) higher education courses in early childhood related topics and two (2) years’ experience with groups of children, or three (3) years successful experience in a licensed facility and four (4) higher education courses completed in early childhood related topics.
- Three (3) positive childcare references.
- Annual CPR Certification.
- Biannual First Aid Certification.
- Minimum of nine (9) hours training annually, focusing on the skills and competencies related to the ages or developmental stages of the children in the Caregiver’s Group.
- Must demonstrate an active interest in pursuing further knowledge in current childcare trends.
The well-being of our employees, guests, and communities is our top priority as we deliver enhanced operations to help combat the spread of COVID-19. To that end, we have introduced a new Extended COVID Leave Policy, where, in conjunction with other programs, employees may take paid sick leave, up to a maximum of two weeks, due to qualifying reasons related to COVID-19.
Sugarbush Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer
An offer of employment may be contingent upon the results of a background, MVR, or criminal records check