Each summer, Summer Discovery offers motivated high school students the opportunity to learn on a college campus. Various dynamic programs and courses provide talented and motivated high school students opportunities to learn more about a subject area of their interest. These programs enable students to learn from qualified pre-college instructors, subject matter experts and gain hands-on learning experience through classroom activities. Our mission is to provide the best experiential, university-based summer academic programs that positively change students’ lives from around the world.
Summer Discovery is seeking to hire current graduate students as Curriculum Assistant/Advisors for various Summer 2021 courses. The curriculum is rigorous and project-based; students are engaged in multiple academic exercises, compelling guest speakers from the field, experiential, hands-on activities culminating into a final capstone project. The Curriculum Advisor is responsible for assisting with the course development. Before starting the program, you will regularly consult by phone, email, or video conference with our Campus Specialist team, EdTech team, Director of Educational Development, and appointed adjunct instructors.
- Sport Management
- Game Changers Business Disruptors
- Economics & Society
- Social Media Management
- Finance & Fin Tech
- Introduction to Business
- Advertising, Media & Society
- Business of Fashion (Fashion Merchandising)
- Fashion Design for the 21st Century
- AI and Machine Learning
- Forensic Science and Crime Scene Investigation
- Computer Science
- Careers in Medicine and Health Science
- U.S. Law and Mock Trial
- Creative Writing
- Current graduate student from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and certifications may be considered.
- Evidence of service to the profession.
- Undergraduate TA, teaching and or high school teaching experience preferred (not required)
- Ideal candidates would also be able to teach in person on one of the campuses (not required)
- Project-based teaching and curriculum development experience preferred (not required)
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be eligible to work in the US.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Docs, and online learning platforms
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of curriculum development processes and priorities.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
- Ability to manage and coordinate assignments to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments.
Contract compensation is commensurate with qualifications, relevant experience and the level of curriculum development needed per course. This position is contract base, remote with a flexible schedule and opportunity for on campus summer teaching for qualified applicants.