We are seeking a bright, creative, and hardworking intern to join our copywriting team in NYC. This person will assist in creating innovative messaging for the disruptive brands we help to grow in the digital space. The copywriting intern will receive guidance from and report directly to the copywriting team, as well as work closely and collaboratively with our design and marketing teams.
- Location: New York City (the role will onboard remotely to start, with a transition to a hybrid workplace (remote/in-office) in the fall of 2021)
- Hours: Full-Time
- Start Date: 6 month internship starting in September 2021
- Compensation: Paid stipend
At Superbolt, we have a simple goal: help disruptive brands to grow online.
We are a performance marketing agency that specializes in driving awareness, growth, and customer retention in today’s increasingly complex, cluttered world. We pride ourselves in our in-house start-up histories where we’ve driven awareness, revenue, and conversion for some of the world’s fastest growing consumer-facing businesses including Casper, BarkBox, and Try the World. Our clients are typically venture backed start-ups selling products we are passionate about. Since our start in 2016, we’ve enjoyed 10% month-over-month growth due to our hard work and dedication.
- Take ownership of copy briefs and answer them to a very high standard
- Help develop creative strategies that are forward-thinking and in-line with the brand of our clients
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve them
- Create relevant campaign copy and check all copy that is generated by team members and offer feedback when necessary
- Manage multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Push clients towards fresh, exciting ideas
- Recent graduate from a program relating to advertising, communication, English, journalism, or writing
- Previous copywriting experience preferred, but not required
- A portfolio of writing samples, ideally digitally-focused (i.e. emails, paid social ads, websites/landing pages)
- Interest in working with startups and creative campaigns in an agency environment
- A strong grasp of spelling and grammar. Clear, concise writing is your M.O.
- A solid track record of working within predefined workflows and timelines.
- Proficiency with G-Suite. Previous experience with project management and collaboration platforms (Monday, Picter, Slack, etc.) is a plus.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills — working cross functionally with stakeholders across multiple teams
- Legally authorized to work in the United States. We are currently not sponsoring work visas to candidates.
- Paid stipend
- Excellent growth path with the potential to join as a full-time employee
- Weekly happy hours
- Quarterly company events
- A great team and office in downtown Manhattan
To apply, please include a brief intro, resume, and a link to your online portfolio. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.