We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our New York City RF Engineering Team as an Intern in Parsippany, NJ. The candidate must have the passion to learn the interworking of the modern telecommunication networks and will have the chance to participate in building the fastest 5G data network in the world. If you want to be part of our Uncarrier team culture, this is the perfect role for you to join our team as an RF Intern.
The team is responsible for the radio access network in one of the most sophisticated networks in the world. The intern will be part of a team who is responsible for Capacity/Congestion Program, 5G deployment, New Site Deployment, Network Performance Monitoring, Sales/Event support, Alternative Coverage Solution (ACS) deployment. In addition, the intern will support monitoring and review of radio network Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as well as participates in the development of inter-team processes for system performance. The processes will include analyzing statistical network performance data, collecting, analyzing drive test data, and working with the operations team to troubleshoot site/network problems.
In addition to RF Engineering, the Intern will be an active member on a small team responsible for the creation of new Windows tools to improve productivity for the RF Engineering Team. This includes Excel/Access Visual Basic (VBA), Ericsson Python API Automation, PowerBI and/or HTML5 Web-Based Charting & GIS visuals/reports, and database administrations (designing tables procedures). Performs hourly and daily statistical monitoring and review of radio network key performance indicators (KPI)
One or more of the following Technical skills:
- Database Administration (design, building and maintaining structured databases)
- Databases Engines (e.g., MS SQL, MySQL, and/or MS Access)
- SQL coding
- Programming (visual basic, python, C#, and/or C++)
- Visualization Tools (e.g., PowerBI, Qlik, and/or Tableau)
- Understanding of Network Performance
- Able to develop and articulate technical strategies
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills