Packaging design Co-op
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as Packaging design Co-op in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a value-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
At Medical Devices Center of Excellence, our job is turning concepts into reality. We begin with a concept and then we build a framework to realize it. The goal is to find creative ways to improve our packaging and processes and turn possibilities into real benefits for our patients and the environment. The Medical Device team works closely with cross-functional colleagues to develop combination products (delivery device and drug/biologic) to treat conditions in the areas of Oncology, Rare Diseases, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology.
As a Design Co-op, you would be responsible for crafting excellent design solutions that support the brand strategy and business objectives.
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
The Packaging Design Co-op role is a developer of package, and delivery systems ranging from ground breaking innovations to reinventing key products. You will partner with engineers and technologists to deliver Takeda’s innovation pipeline. You will work through the end to end design process, from brainstorming and ideation, deep consumer insight, to prototyping and execution. We are looking for someone with a passion for sustainability, creative thinking, and strong collaboration skills. We prefer an Industrial Design major for in this role.
We believe this is ideal role for you if you are attending a university/college with a major in industrial design and have:
· A keen eye and attention to detail.
· Collaboration/interdependence skills through past examples.
· Use of compassion and non-linear thinking: You should be able to see the consumer as a person and ideate solutions with the consumer in mind.
· Design responsibly, understand and consciously create solutions that are good for the environment.
- Be enrolled in an accredited College/Institution pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial design or a related field for the full duration of the co-op.
- Be in your second year or above in school at the beginning of the co-op in January 2022.
- Considered a student during the desired co-op session(s) (i.e. will not have already graduated college).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
- Previous medical device industry experience preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks, Adobe 2D softwares is preferred.