Tanenbaum promotes justice and builds respect for religious difference by transforming individuals and institutions to reduce prejudice, hatred, and violence.
As a secular and non-sectarian non-profit, Tanenbaum works to promote religious peacebuilders who help counter extremism and violence in armed conflicts, and tackles religious bullying of students, harassment in workplaces, and disparate health treatment for people based on their beliefs.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM
The Communications Video Production Internship is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Tanenbaum’s Communication Department and take a leading role in the creation of videos that support Tanenbaum’s mission to combat religious prejudice.
The Video Production Intern will be part of the Communications Department and participate in departmental strategy discussions as well as the daily responsibilities of the department.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Convert a minimum of 1 Tanenbaum resource from PDF to a multi-media version for educational purposes.
- Record and edit December Dilemma resource into an informative video series for social media.
- Work with the Development team to create a (viral) year-end fundraising multi-media campaign.
- Work with the Communications Manager, Creative Content to assist Video Production consultant.
- Edit video footage from past events, including the Peacemakers in Action Network Working Retreat.
- Complete a minimum of 4 new 1-minute videos for social media during internship period.
- Review and transcribe Tanenbaum videos.
- Interview Tanenbaum legends like Judy Banki, Joyce Dubensky, and Georgette Bennett for 30th Anniversary content.
- Assist in capturing and editing video, including multi-channel interviews.
- Recommend ways to use Tanenbaum’s videos to tell compelling stories.
- Recommend ways to expand Tanenbaum’s YouTube subscribers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum.
- Ability to translate concepts into enticing, clear and concise videos.
- Computer skills. Knowledge of video editing software (i.e. Adobe Premiere Pro) and YouTube.
- Exceptional storytelling skills as evidenced in application materials.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Detailed oriented and highly organized and productive.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- College experience or equivalent.
- Sense of humor.
- Candidates who are available from Fall 2021 through Spring 2022 will be prioritized
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the intern is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the Communications Intern outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
The Video Production Intern is an unpaid position. Tanenbaum will work with you and your school so that you receive academic credit for the internship.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, a very brief writing sample, and links to two videos (with credits) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.
TANENBAUM | Center for Interreligious Understanding
55 Broad Street, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10004