The Associate Infrastructure Engineer performs routine entry-level system engineering work supporting the core infrastructure including identity access, network, server, storage, telephony, and virtualization resources for TRS. Work involves assisting with managing a complex application and infrastructure environment, which includes Microsoft Windows, Cisco, VMware and various cloud-based infrastructure services; and assisting with design, deployment, and maintenance of the application environment along with other related support activities. Works under direct/minimal supervision with minimal/moderate/considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with infrastructure support focusing in areas such as Microsoft Windows Server, Cisco Networking, and VMware, and various cloud-based infrastructure technologies primarily Microsoft Azure.
• Automates processes and integrations across multiple technologies, primarily using Windows PowerShell.
• Analyzes and diagnoses infrastructure problems related to network, server, storage, telephony, and virtualization resources.
• Works with developers, DBAs, QA staff and others for continuous process improvements and high-quality deliveries on time.
• Assists with developing policies, procedures, and standards for installing, configuring, and supporting core infrastructure technologies.
System Support & Maintenance
• Assists with installation, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of infrastructure applications.
• Assists in conducting product evaluations of new software and upgrades to existing software to identify strengths, weaknesses, and potential benefits to the agency.
• Monitors applications to ensure compliance with licensing agreements and system availability.
• Collaborates with other agency staff to maintain application and network security.
Performs on-call or scheduled after hours and related work as required
WHAT WILL YOU BRING:
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• High school diploma (or equivalent) and additional related full-time experience may substitute for the required education on an equivalent year for year basis.
• Proven ability to administer a Microsoft Windows server environment.
• Experience in Microsoft, Cisco, or VMware infrastructure design and support.
• Experience in cloud infrastructure design and support, primarily Microsoft Azure or AWS.
• Experience with DevOps, Agile, ITIL methodologies and practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• The practices, principles, and techniques of core infrastructure for support of the application stack using automation with monitoring and network operations.
• Technologies such as Microsoft Windows Active Directory and Server, PowerShell, Cisco Networking and Call Manager, VMware Virtualization, Office 365, Azure and AWS.
• Current hardware and software architectures, network protocols, and security best practices.
• Storage technologies including NetApp and Pure.
• Understanding standard core infrastructure technologies, tools, and protocols including: Certificate Services, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP services.
• Analyzing routine problems and developing workable solutions.
• Communicating technical information to people of all levels of technical knowledge.
• Planning, organizing, and coordinating work to effectively meet frequent and/or multiple deadlines; handling multiple tasks simultaneously; and managing conflicting priorities and demands.
• Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, agency staff, and external contacts.
• Work effectively in a professional team environment.